Getting to Melbourne Convention And Exhibit Center
Pre-Conference Workshops and Conference will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) which is located on the banks of the iconic Yarra River in South Wharf.
Transportation from the Airport to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
Taxi fro the Airport to Central Business District (where Melbourne Convention and Exhibition is), $75-80.
The Skybus will deliver you to Southern Cross Station, Melbourne’s major railway station and transport hub, on Spencer Street. The Skybus is an inexpensive way to travel from the airport to the CBD, and provides convenient access to the conference venue and nearby hotels.
For ease of access to the conference we suggest:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf adjacent to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
Crowne Plaza Melbourne across the river from the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Pensione Hotel Melbourne on Spencer Street 10 minutes walk from MCEC. Marketed as a budget hotel.
- Grand Hotel Melbourne Across the road from the Pensione Hotel. 10 minutes walk from MCEC.
- Great Southern Hotel Melbourne 10-15 minutes walk from the Convention Centre. Marketed as a budget hotel.
- Quality Hotel Batman’s Hill on Collins Probably 15 minutes from the Convention Centre or a short tram ride.
- Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne Probably 15 minutes from the Convention Centre or a short tram ride.
- Best Western Riverside Apartments are a budget option
- Gem Apartment: These are self-contained apartments close to the conference venue, if you like to cater for yourself. Approximately 5 – 10 minutes walk. There are three close to the Convention Centre as part of the Gem complex – the Vue Grande, the Centurion and Yarra Crest.